Spice up your dinner with this delicious broth recipe - add our Asian sauce for an extra kick!
1 tub Dr Broth vegan broth
1 knob ginger cut into matchsticks
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 Thai red chilli chopped
3 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp peanut oil
1 packet White Shimeji Mushrooms
1 punnet bok choy roughly chopped
1 piece fresh tofu
2 tsp cornflour
½ punnet bean sprouts
1 handful fresh coriander
2 spring onions
2 tblsp soy sauce
1. Pour the defrosted Dr Broth Vegan Broth into a sauce pan
2. Add 1clove of crushed garlic, matchsticks of ginger and chopped chilli. Simmer gently.
3. Meanwhile prepare the tofu by cutting it into cubes and tossing it in the cornflour
4. In a wok add 1tsp of the sesame oil and 1 tsp of the peanut oil and heat. Flash fry the tofu in the oil to seal it off, be gentle with it so that the tofu doesn’tbreak into pieces.
5. Remove the tofu from the wok and add another tsp of sesame oil and tsp of peanut oil.Toss in the mushrooms with some dried chilli flakes and some crushed garlic. Once slightly browned season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
6. Add the pak choy to the broth and simmer until it is slightly wilted.
7. Add the mushrooms to the simmering broth and finally add the tofu
8. Season with soy sauce
9. Serve in Chinese bowls topped with bean sprouts, sliced spring onions and chopped coriander
10. Drizzle with final tsp of sesame oil if you like.
11. Serve with Asian Sauce for an additional kick!
1 knob ginger grated
1 chilli finely chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
Coriander stalks chopped finely
3 tbslp lime juice
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbslp palm sugar
2 tblsp fish sauce (vegan replacement)
Mix all ingredients and allow to stand so that flavours can develop.
Add spoonful’s to the broth to taste.
© 2020 Dr Broth CC. All rights Reserved.